I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Sometimes St Petersburg is called the second capital of the Russian Federation. Tourists from different countries come to St Petersburg to visit its famous museums and walk along Nevsky Prospect. You can see tourists from France and the United States, China and Great Britain in Dvortsovaya Square. There are also lots of Russian tourists form Krasnodar and Vladivistok, from Kaliningrad and Moscow. Would you like to visit St Petersburg some day?
I’d like to visit Vyborg. This town is not far from St Petersburg, so I can go sightseeing there and then go to Vyborg. This place is famous for its old history and ancient architecture. There is an old castle in Vyborg where knights lived. I’d like to see a man in the costume of a knight and to take a photo with him.
I’m sitting in the park and I’m writing my notes at the moment. It is hot. I hate this hot weather. I don’t want to sit here, but Roger is playing tennis with his friend. They are running and laughing. They aren’t asking for any ice-cream or lemonade. They are having fun. They like the hot weather.
Oh, but I see an ice-cream man! Ice cream is cold and tastes great. Now I’m happy.
When was the Tower of London built?
What is the British Museum famous for?
Where are the Houses of Parliament?
The Bolshoi Theater is one of the most famous theaters of the world, isn’t it?
Big Ben is a popular symbol of London and the UK.
Tourists from different countries like to take photos in Red Square.
There are lots of places to visit in London: Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, the London Eye, and Buckingham Palace.
Dima likes animals. He is in the Nature Studies Club at school. Dima and his classmate take photos of their animals. They feed them and take the pets for a walk in spring and summer. Dima likes to take care of pets. He often takes part in photo exhibitions. In November the photo exhibition took place in Moscow. Dima got a new camera for his photos for the exhibition.
A famous museum
A famous theater
An old town
The Kremlin Palace
An amazing bridge
A high building
London is the capital of Great Britain.
The British Museum was founded in 1753.
Tourists took part in a performance.
The city is famous for its museums, palaces and parks.
Where is Trafalgar Square situated? – Где находится Трафальгарская площадь?
What do the Beefeaters do? – Что делают Бифитеры?
What is London famous for? – Чем известен Лондон?
He was in Greenwich yesterday, wasn’t he? – Он был вчера в Гринвиче, не так ли?
What do you think is a true symbol of London? – Что оп вашему мнению является настоящим символом Лондона?
Have, have, were
Has, has, has, was, have
Writer – Марк Твен – известный американский писател.
Politician – Мег сфотографировала вчера знаменитого политика. Он посещал их школу.
Teacher – Барбара Грей – учительница в районной лондонской школе.
Dancer – Я читаю книгу о Анне Павловной, знаменитой русской танцовщице.
Scientist – Пойдем в кино. Там показывают фильм о Исааке Ньютоне, известном ученом.
Sportsman – Могли бы вы нам сказать, кто в вашей школе новый спортсмен.
The Houses of Parliament
The Tower of London
The London Eye
The London Eye is a giant wheel that carries about 15000 people a day. – Лондонское колесо обозрения – это огромное колесо, которое перевозит около 15000 человека в день.
The Tower of London is famous for its black ravens. – Лондонский Тауэр известен своими черными воронами.
Buckingham Palace is the place where The Queen lives in London. – Букингемский Дворец – место, где живет Королева в Лондоне.
White Tower is situated in the Tower of London. – Белая башня находится в лондонском Тауэре.
In winter you can skate in a big skating ring in Trafalgar Square. – Зимой вы можете покататься на коньках на большом катке на Трафальгарской площади.
My dream has come true. I have never been to Great Britain before. I stayed in England for five days. I stayed with my friend’s family. They live not far from London. Of course, I went to London every day. London is full of places of interest.
The city is famous for its historical museums, royal palaces and monuments. I look a lot of photos. Would you like to see them sometime? Come to my house and we can look at them. The photos are worth seeing.
Travelled, thought, taken, gone, told, written, played, come, eaten, had, given, swam, made, bought, worked, done, seen, been, run, fallen, sent, learnt, decorated, taught, washed, driven, flown.
Written book – написанная книга
Playing girl – играющая девочка
Running sportsman – бегущий спортсмен
Opened window – открытое окно
Singing boy – поющий мальчик
Flying bird – летящая птица
Built house – построенный дом
Eaten breakfast – съеденный завтрак
Sent letter – отправленное письмо
Falling chair – падающий стул
Decorated room – украшенная комната
Have you been, have been
Has never flown
Has just crossed
Crossed, turned, saw
Have just cleaned
My friend has never had a bird’s eye view of the city. Let’s take her to the London Eye.
Let’s make an apple pie. I’ve already bought green apples, eggs and some flour.
The group of tourists has just turned left.
The children have visited the London Zoo recently. They liked the monkeys.
Have you ever ridden a camel? – No, I haven’t.
What have you done lately?
You have just seen a UFO, haven’t you? – Are you sure?
Look at the picture. You can see the Browns in their living room. They usually spend their Saturday evenings at home. Look at Mr. Brown. He is sitting in his armchair. He is watching TV. He likes sports programmes. Mrs. Brown is reading a magazine. She buys newspapers and magazines every morning. Betsy, their daughter, takes care of the family’s pets. Now she is feeding the goldfish. Her elder brother James is drawing a ship. He draws very well. He is going to be an artist someday.
London is the capital of Great Britain. It’s a very old city. It was founded about two thousand years ago. London is one of the most famous and interesting cities in Europe. There are a lot of museums and monuments, cinemas and theaters in London. Londoners are proud of their lovely parks. Different festivals take place in the parks every summer.
A famous writer
To admire your hero
To write a novel
A big adventure
A flying kite
A written letter
Mark Twain was a famous American writer.
When did he write his famous book about Tom Sawyer?
Mark Twain wrote about the adventures of Tom Sawyer and his friends.
The main characters of his book were kind and brave.
Have you done your homework? – Yes, I’ve just finished.
Is you brother playing computer games now? – No, he is reading a detective story.
What are you going to do tomorrow? – I am going to visit my granny.
Do they go to school on Saturdays? – Yes, they have five lessons.
Did the students take part in the competition yesterday? – Yes, they won the competition.
Robert Burns was a well-known Scottish poet. He was born in 1759. His father was a farmer and there were seven children in the family.
Robert was the eldest son. He liked reading. At the age of 15 he began write poems. He wrote about people, love and everyday things. Scottish people still remember the poet, his poems and songs.
William Turner is famous for his pictures. – Вильям Тернер известен своими картинами.
William Shakespeare is famous for his poems and plays. – Вильям Шекспир известен своими стихами и пьесами.
Daniel Defoe is famous for his stories about Robinson Crusoe. – Даниэль Дефо известен своими историями о Робинзоне Крузо.
Charlie Chaplin is famous for his films. – Чарли Чаплин известен своими фильмами.
Pamela Travers is famous for her stories about Marry Poppins. –Памела Траверс известна своими рассказами о Мэри Поппинс.
Agatha Christie is famous for her detective stories. – Агата Кристи известна своими детективными историями.
John Lennon is famous for his songs. – Джон Леннон известен своими песнями.
Mark Twain is famous for his books about Tom Sawyer. – Марк Твен известен своими книгами о Томе Сойере.
a) Daniel Defoe wrote his books when he was nearly 60 years old.
b) The story about Robinson Crusoe was based on real adventures of one sailor.
c) Full title of the book is “The Life and Strange Surprising adventures of Robinson Crusoe”.
1. D. Defoe wrote his novels in the 18th century.
2. D. Defoe wrote his novel about Robinson Crusoe when he was nearly 60 years old.
3. The adventures of Robinson Crusoe are based on real adventures of one sailor.
4. The novel became popular immediately after the year it was published.
5. D. Defoe was called “the father of English prose “for the novel about Robinson.
Robinson Crusoe had long dark hair and probably brown eyes. He was tall enough and not fat. He had a big umbrella and a long gun with him.
He has already caught three goats, made pots and bread. He has already built a house.
D. Defoe wrote his novel about Robinson Crusoe in 18th century.
The novel is based on real adventures of a sailor, who spent 4 years on a desert island. However Robinson Crusoe spent 28 years alone on a desert island. He was clever and strong to live there alone. He learned to make umbrella and pots. He caught goats and could drink their milk. Robinson Crusoe met a black man on the island. He met the men on Friday, that’s why he called him Friday. The novel “The life and strange surprising adventures of Robinson Crusoe” is interesting for children and for adults. I also had a good time reading it.
I like Robinson Crusoe because he could struggle with his fate and came out as the winner.
The first book which I’d take to a desert island would be the Bible, because it would help me to live and think there. The second would be a detective story of any author, because it would be very boring to live there alone and I would need some entertainment. The third book would be stories about Jives and Wooster. They are my favourite English funny stories.
√ John R.R. Tolkien – “The Hobbit”
√ Lewis Carroll – “Alice in Wonderland”
√ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – “Stories about Sherlock Holmes”
√ Daniel Defoe – “The Life and Strange Surprising Adventures of Robinson Crusoe”
√ J.M. Barrie – “Peter Pan”
√ Pamela Travers – “Marry Poppins”
√ Alexandre Milne – “Winnie–the Pooh”
√ Joanne K. Rowling – “Harry Potter”
√ Jack London – “The White Fang”
√ William Shakespeare – “Romeo and Juliet”
My favourite book is called “The Hunger games”. It was written by Suzanne Collins in 2008 year. This new book became popular immediately. She wrote two more books which are the second and the third parts of one story about 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen. The girl lived in unreal land in District 12. The people of the country suffer from their government. Their children had to prepare for cruel “Hanger games”. This “games” took place in special arenas where children had to kill each other to win the “game”. The girl became the winner of the 74th games and her life changed forever. The main idea of the book is hidden between the lines. People shouldn’t pay for their selfish and mercantilistic wishes with the lives of little children.
1. William Turner was born in 1775. Тернер родился в 1775 году.
2. His father was a barber. Отец Тернера был парикмахером.
3. Yes, Turner was very fond of nature. Да, Тернер любил природу.
4. He liked to draw ruined abbeys and castles. Тернер любил изображать разрушенные аббатства и замки.
5. He was famous for the wonderful colours of his pictures. Он был известен необычайными цветами своих картин.
6. He drew landscapes and sea pictures. Он рисовал пейзажи и изображал море.
7. Yes, he was. Да, он был мастером.
1. It happened when Chaplin had become world famous.
2. A theater announced a competition to find a Charlie Chaplin double.
3. People who took part in it had to dress like Chaplin, walk like Chaplin and act out one of the roles in his film.
4. Charlie Chaplin decided to take part in the competition.
5. Of course, he kept his plan a secret from everybody.
6. He didn’t win the first prize.
7. At first he was upset.
Birthday party – вечеринка в День рождения
Film star – кинозвезда
Orange juice – апельсиновый сок
Invitation letter – пригласительное письмо
Post office – почтовое отделение
Apple pie – яблочный пирог
Art gallery – картинная галерея
Football match – футбольный матч
Sarah prepared for her birthday party yesterday. She wrote invitation letters and from the post office sent them to the friends. On her birthday she cooked a special apple pie and showed a new film with famous film stars. Her friends were happy to come to the party. They drank orange juice and laughed.
Have you ever been to the art gallery? – Yes sure. – Let’s go to a football match then!
They had a barbecue in the garden. Then they played board games. When they became hungry they ate biscuits and fruits: apples, bananas and oranges. They also drank soft drinks and fruit juice. They chatted with each other, took photos and danced in colourful paper hats.
I celebrate my birthday in summer. It has its pluses and minuses at the same time, because on one hand I’m free from school and don’t have to study on my birthday. And on the other hand I have problems with guests who prefer to leave the city in summer.
However I enjoyed my last birthday. I didn’t write any invitation letters. It’s too official. I prefer to call and to tell everything my best friends on the phone.
I invited to my dacha only closest friends; there were only two guests in the party. We had a good time together. We played the guitar, sang songs, played badminton in the garden. I was happy. In the evening we drank hot tea with birthday cake. My friends sang a special birthday song for me and gave me a present. It was a pretty purse. It was one of my best birthdays.
Ann: Did you stay at home last weekend?
Vicky:No, I went to Julia’s party.
Ann: Really? You enjoyed the party, didn’t you?
Vicky: Yes, it was great. There were a lot of guests. Julia invited her Russian friends too.
Ann: What did you do?
Vicky: We had a barbecue in the garden, danced and played. I took a lot of photos. Have a look!
Ann: How nice! And who is that boy and that girl next to Julia?
Vicky: That’s Oleg and Tanya.
[i:] – сладкий, сыр, есть, чай, Пасха
[ɪ] – печенье, чипсы, пить, пицца, Рождество
[ai] – нравится, нож, время, пирожок, вид, кусок
[ʌ] – обед, масло, сдобная булочка, День матери
[ʊ] – класть, смотреть, полный, пудинг
[əʊ] – знать, медленный, дом, рулет
1. This means that British people like sweet things. – Это значит, что британцы любят сладкое.
2. British sweet are puddings and pies, jams, biscuits and buns, cakes and rolls. – Британскими сладостями являются пудинги и пирожки, варенье, печенье и сдобные изделия, торты и рулеты.
3. I love buns and rolls with cinnamon. – Я обожаю сдобу и рулеты с корицей.
4. They eat cakes and biscuits during tea breaks at work and long breaks at school, when they are at home and in the cinema. – Они едят торты и печенье на перерыве на работе, на большой перемене в школе, когда они находятся дома и в кино.
5. British people eat even more sweet things on Christmas, Easter, Mother’s day and St Valentine’s Day. – Британцы едят еще больше сладкого на рождество и на пасху, в день матери и на день Св. Валентина.
Great Britain and Russia have different dates for celebration of Christmas and Mother’s day. We celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January and have a special meal for it called Sochivo in Russia. British people celebrate it on the 25th of December and cook roast turkey and pudding. Mother’s day in Russia is celebrated on the last Sunday of November. In Britain this is the last Sunday of May. Russian people give women flowers of acacia, roses and other flowers. St. Valentine’s Day is celebrated on the 14 of February all over the world. Some people don’t celebrate this holiday in Russia, those who does celebrate it in different ways.
To make an ideal sandwich you need:
2 slices of bread
2 slices of ham
1 list of green salad
Start: First you should cut white bread into slices. Put some better on one of them. Then cut a cucumber and a tomato. Wash the salad. Put salad, pieces of cucumber and tomato and ham on the bread. Enjoy the sandwich!
Ann has already washed apples, bananas and oranges, but she hasn’t made five cheese sandwiches and five ham sandwiches. She has already asked Kate to buy sweets and biscuits but hasn’t made a pizza yet. She also hasn’t decorated the room and hasn’t laid the table, but she invited Steve and Alex. She has already gone shopping.
If I want to help my mum to lay the table, I start with a clean tablecloth. We should put tablecloth on a clean table, and then we arrange plates in the right order. After this we take out knives and spoons and put them on the right of each plate. Forks are always on the left of the plates. My mum likes white or yellow napkins, so I usually put them in the middle of the table or next to each plate under knives and spoons. Now it’s time for glasses for water and juice. We can decorate the table with a vase of flowers or with candles. My mum will be happy to look at all this!
Верный ответ: 4.
1. Mr. Tailor didn’t speak German.
2. During his stay in Germany he had lunch in a little café.
3. Every day a German said to Mr. Tailor: “Mahlzeit”.
4. The Englishman was polite and answered: “Tailor”
5. One day Mr. Tailor learnt the German word for “Good appetite”.
6. When he came to the café, he said to the German: “Mahlzeit”.
7. The German answered: “Tailor”.
Taught, Bought, Left, Arranged, Taken, Given, Chosen, Washed, Climbed, Drunk, Travelled, Asked, Written, Bought, Read, Counted, Been, Slept, Lived, Seen, Heard, Fed, Joined
I have already visited the museum. Let’s go to the theater. (Я уже была в музее. Давай сходим в театр.)
He has just painted the picture. Now he can sell it. (Он только что дорисовал картинную. Теперь он может её продать.)
We have already finished the work and now we are waiting for further instructions. (Мы уже закончили работу и ждем дальнейших указаний.)
She has just bought the guide book, because she has never visited this town before. (Она только что купила путеводитель, потому что никогда не бывала в этом городе.)
Mike has already found some souvenirs, that’s why now he is buying them for friends. (Майк уже нашел сувениры, поэтому сейчас он покупает из для друзей.)
I haven’t written the letter, could you be a little less noisy. (Я еще не написал письмо, не мог бы ты быть чуть менее шумным.)
You haven’t taken the photo of Red Square, let’s go there and enjoy the sight. (Ты не сфотографировал Красную площадь, пойдем туда и насладимся видом.)
We haven’t sent them the postcard because the post is closed since the morning. (Мы не отправили им открытку, потому что почта с самого утра закрыта.)
Our parents haven’t seen the film because they were at work. (Наши родители не видели фильм, потому что были на работе.)
Our daughter hasn’t read the story yet but I’ll read it for her in the evening. (Наша дочь не причитала этот рассказ, но я прочту ей его вечером.)
1. Susan has had breakfast.
2. Dan has written a postcard to his friend.
3. Jason has won the championship.
4. Mary has finished the test.
5. Alice has bought some souvenirs.
6. The tourist has taken a photo of the monument.
I’ve already cleaned … and watered
You have cleaned
I’ve also gone shopping and bought…
I haven’t made an apple pie
I’ve just done it
I’ve got and excellent
What has happened?
The birds are sad when it’s raining. It has stopped raining. The sun has come out of the clouds and birds have started singing.
Alice has already made the beds and done the washing up. Алиса уже застелила кровать и помыла посуду.
She hasn’t watered the plants and cooked dinner yet. Она еще не полила растения и не приготовила обед.
Alice has already fed the parrot and swept the floor. Алиса уже покормила попугая и подмела полы.
She hasn’t gone shopping and laid the table yet. Она еще не сходила в магазин и не накрыла на стол.
She has already cleaned the windows and washed the clothes but she hasn’t dusted the shelves yet. Она уже помыла окна и постирала одежду, но еще не вытерла пыль на полках.
— I’ve already done my homework but haven’t phoned my mum yet.
— I’ve already finished the book but haven’t cooked dinner yet.
— I’ve already watched this film nut haven’t listened to the song yet.
— I’ve already helped my mum but haven’t met with the friends yet.
— I’ve already had breakfast but haven’t washed the dishes.
1. Has written
2. Have you done…?
3. You have already eaten; we haven’t eaten; Betsy has eaten; I have eaten
4. I have given
5. I’ve lost
1 – d – Jim has repaired…
2 – a — …I have left…
3 – b — …she has just returned…
4 – e – They have been to…
5 – f — …you haven’t finished…
6 – c — …I’ve bought…
[ʌ] – Лондон, лондонцы, среди, Букингемский Дворец
[ɑ:] – парк, Регентский парк, сад, Кенсингтонские сады, растения, трава
[aʊ] – вокруг, площадка, без, гордый, на свежем воздухе
[aɪ] – находить, тигр, крокодил, Гайд Парк, дикий, катание на лошадях
√ To be rich in museums – богат музеями
To be rich in parks – богат парками
To be rich in bridges – богат мостами
√ To be proud of your city – гордиться городом
To be proud of your family – гордиться семьей
To be proud of your friend – гордиться другом
√ Activity – занятия/деятельность
Classroom activities – занятия в классе
Amazing activities – удивительные занятия
Outdoor activities – занятия на свежем воздухе
I’m so proud of my city because is rich in museums, parks and bridges, there are many places for amazing activities.
Outdoor activities are very good for children of all ages.
I’m so proud of my friend he always takes part in classroom activities and gets excellent marks.
1. Hyde Park is the biggest in London. – Гайд парк самый большой в Лондонею
2. St James’s Park is the oldest in London. – Сент. Джеймс парк – самый старинный лондонский парк.
3. Speaker’s Corner os situated in Hyde Park. – Уголок оратора находится в Гайд Парке.
4. Peter Pen’s statue is in Kensington Gardens. Статуя Питера Пена находится в Кенсингтонских садах.
5. Regent’s Park became a home for the London zoo in 1828. – Регентс парк стал домом для Лондонского зоопарка в 1828 году.
6. All the London’s parks are rich in green trees, colourful flowers, ponds and little lakes. – Все парки Лондона богаты зеленью, красочными цветами, прудиками и небольшими озерами.
7. Londoners and tourist like to spend their tine outdoors. They ride their bikes and roller-skate, ride a horse and play sports in the parks. – Лондонцы и туристы любят проводить время на свежем воздухе. В парках они катаются на велосипедах и роликах, ездят на лошадях и играют в спортивные игры.
1. London’s parks are full of beautiful flowers.
2. There are many green trees in each park in London.
3. Wonderful statues, plants and flowers decorate every London’s park.
4. There is The Speaker’s Corner in Hyde Park, where every Sunday people discuss all sorts of things.
5. London has its own statue of Peter Pan. He lives in Kensington Gardens.
6. The London zoo has its home in Regent’s Park. About 5000 different animals live there.
There is a famous park in the center of Moscow. It’s called Gorky Central Park. It was opened in 1928. This mean that the park is old enough. It was renewed in 2011 and now it’s one of the biggest Russian parks. It’s rich in green tree and flowers, fountains and ponds. People can swim in a boat there, hire a bike or play table tennis in the open air. I’m proud of this park because there are many original activities like dancing classes, an open-air cinema and a part of “Garazh” exhibition.
[i:] – мы, метры, мечта, колесо, люди, юбилей/празднество
[aɪ] – привет, глаз, лондонское колесо обозрения, вид, высокий, внутри
[əʊ] – также, медленный, медленно, фото, показывать
[u:] – скоро, сувенир, правдивый
[ʌ] – некоторый, марионетка, удобный, счастливый, кружка
[dʒ] – мост, гигант, юбилей, получать удовольствие, шутка
√ To come
To come into the room – войти в комнату
To come out of the shop – выйти из магазина
To come true – исполниться/воплотиться
√ To turn
To turn to the left – повернуть налево
To turn to the right – повернуть направо
To turn slowly – медленно поворачиваться
To turn fast – быстро крутиться
√ To admire
To admire London – восхищаться Лондоном
To admire Moscow – восхищаться Москвой
Strange person came into the room. He turned slowly to me and I admired. This was my old friend, whom I haven’t seen for ages.
How can you spend so much time shopping? Let’s come out of the shop
And admire the sights of London!
20th of March
My dream came true. I visited the London Eye. It’s a great wheel which is situated on the bank of the river Thames. The London Eye is 135 meters high and turns very slowly. There are 32 comfortable capsules for people to stand in. It carries 15000 peoples a day.
When I got to the top, I had a bird’s eye view of central London. I was lucky to have nice weather. It was great!
I spent 30 minutes on the Eye. I admired the city, its historical buildings and the famous Thames. I took a lot of photo. I also bought some funny souvenirs in the shop below the London Eye: a model of red London bus and a black mug with the picture of the giant wheel.
Next to the London Eye are the Jubilee Gardens where we saw a puppet show and some “living statues”. There were two kings and a nice queen a brave cowboy and a sad poet among the “living statues”. There were two kings and a nice queen, a brave cowboy and a sad poet among the “living statues”. I really enjoyed the London Eye. I hope to come here again one day.
See you soon, Dima
I’d like to become a “living statue” not more than for 15 minutes. I can’t even imagine how it’s difficult to stay there for all day. Although I’d like to become an amazing princess for a short moment. I would wear a beautiful costume with jewels and everyone would admire me.
I’d like to become a “living statue” for a short time. I’d choose the costume of King Arthur. I love this story and his adventures. It would be very pleasant to become a real knight for 15 minutes.
1 – False
2 — True
3 – False
4 – False
5 – True
There are many people in a comfortable capsule riding the London Eye. Some of them are taking photos, some are shooting video. Girls are sitting on a bench of the capsule, talking and laughing loudly. An Indian lady is talking on the phone, a girl from Japan or from China is listening to music. All the tourists are enjoying the trip.
1 – e
2 – b
3 – d
4 – c
5 – a
Yes, there is also one more place where we can see a bird’s-eye view of Moscow. It’s called Vorobyovi Gori. There are always many tourists from all over the world. They enjoy the view of stadium Luzhniki, The Kremlin and all the rest of the city from the bird’s eye height. This place is famous for its history. It says that Napoleon looked down at the city of Moscow from that place, when he came there in 1812.
Taking, took – берущий, взятый
Solving, solved – решающий, решенный
Watching, watched – смотрящий, просмотренный
Reading, read – читающий, прочитанный
Opening, opened – открывающий, открытый
Catching, caught – ловящий, пойманный
Playing, played – играющий, сыгранный
Writing, written – пишущий, написанный
Translating, translated – переводящий, переведенный
Finishing, finished – завершающий, завершенный
Speaking, spoken – говорящий, оговоренный
Bringing, brought – несущий, принесенный
Painting, painted – красящий, крашеный
Telling, told – рассказывающий, рассказанный
1. Alice decided to go to the park because the day was fine and warm.
2. The children were playing in the park.
3. The teenagers were chatting loudly.
4. She was tired and decided to find a bench.
5. She found a nice bench under a big green thee.
6. The packet of crisps was lying between the old man and Alice.
7. Alice was surprised because the old man ate her crisps.
8. When Alice came home she found an unopened packer of her crisps.
1. Alice came to the park to spend her Sunday outdoors.
2. The girl walked in the park but soon she got tired.
3. The old man was reading his newspaper in peace.
4. Alice was surprised when the old man began to eat her crisps.
5. The old man gave her the last crisp but Alice left.
6. Alice found a packet of crisps in her bag.
[ɒ] – памятник, извините, колонна, верхушка, низ
[aʊ] – основанный, город, дом, о, корона, фонтан
[ʌ] – Лондон, страна, культурный, цветной, чудесный
[k] – уметь, колонна, разноцветный, культурный, Рождество
[s] – центр, центральный, век, кино, место, дворец
Monument – памятник
Column – колонна
Tourist – турист
Photo – фото
December – декабрь
Center – центр
Fountain – фонтан
A The center of London
The weather is fine
A colourful 50-meter Christmas tree
B Nelson’s Column
Lovely fountains and historical monuments The Beginning of Christmas and New Year Everyone
1. Nelson’s Column – колонна Нельсона
2. 4 lions at the bottom of the column – 4 льва у подножия колонны
3. Lovely fountains – очаровательные фонтаны
4. Historical monuments – исторические памятники
5. Thousands of tourists – сотни туристов
6. 50-meter Christmas tree in December – 50-метровая Рождественская ёлка
7. Different cultural festivals – Разнообразные культурные фестивали
Red Square is the symbol of the Russian Federation. It’s well-known all over the world. This square is one of the largest in the world. It’s famous for many beautiful cathedrals and churches, for its long and interesting history. St. Basil’s cathedral and Lenin’s mausoleum are situated there. Every day thousands of tourists from eastern and western countries visit Red Square. In winter everyone can come and skate in the open air skating rink. It’s beautifully decorated. Two of the most famous and important military parades took place there: one in 1941 and another in 1945. They marked the beginning and of Great Patriotic war.
The Statue of Liberty – the USA
The Sydney Opera House – Australia
The Taj Magal – India
Bib Ban – Great Britain
The Great Wall of China – China
Have you ever been to Oxford? – No, I haven’t.
Have you ever been to Greenwich? – Yes, I have.
Have you ever been to Moscow? – Yes, I have.
Have you ever been to Washington? – No, I haven’t.
Have you ever been to Paris? – Yes, I have.
Have you ever been to New York? – No, I haven’t.
Have you ever been to St Petersburg? – Yes, I have.
Have you ever been to Vladimir? – Yes, I have.
Have you ever been to Kazan? – No, I haven’t.
Have you ever been to London? – No, I haven’t.
Has she ever been to the London Tower? – No, she has not.
Has he ever been to the Kremlin? – Yes, he has.
Has your granny ever been to the zoo? – Yes, she has?
Have you ever been to the art gallery? – Yes, I have.
Have they ever beet to a museum? – No, they haven’t.
Have your friends ever been to Red Square? – Yes, they have.
I’ve never been to Paris. I want to go there because I like French and I want to walk along the avenue Champs Elysees.
I’ve never been to Australia. I’d like to go there to visit Sidney and to go to the Sydney Opera House.
I,ve never been to Connecticut. I’d like to go there to take photos and to buy souvenirs.
Have you ever been to New York? – No, I haven’t.
It’s worth eating because it’s tasty.
The film about Peter Pen is worth watching because it’s classical English film for children.
The Sherlock Holmes stories are worth reading because they tell us about famous English gentlemen.
The British Museum is worth visiting because there are lots of well-known works of art.
The Moscow Kremlin is worth seeing because it’s one of the most beautiful places in Russia.
Classical music is worth listening to because it makes us familiar with the world of art.
Apple pie is worth making because it’s very easy.
The London zoo is worth visiting because there are many exotic animals.
— What are you doing to do on Sunday morning?
— I don’t know yet.
— Have you ever been to the Dog Exhibition?
— No, I’ve never been there.
— Let’s go then. It’s worth seeing.
— Why not! See you tomorrow morning then.
– Have you ever been to London?
— No, I haven’t been there.
— It’s worth visiting. Come on! Let’s go to visit London next summer.
— I’d love to!
— Have you ever been to an art gallery?
— Of course, I have.
— Tomorrow a new exhibition opens in the British Museum! Come on!
— It’s worth seeing.
— Yes, why not!
[æ] – воск, восковые фигуры, дама, актер, статуя
[ai] – покупать, вид, писатель, ученый, труба
[ɑ:] – крупнейший, искусство, звезда, художник, танцор
[ʃ] – старинный, коллекция, политик, музыкант
[k] – характер, химия
[ks] – упражнения, выставка, восковые фигуры
1 – b
2 – d
3 – e
4 – a
5 – c
We are going to tell you a few words about the Science museum. This is an unusual place extremely popular among tourists in London. Here you can find big collections of different kind, special exhibitions and interesting activities. You can spend the Night of Science there, watch a 3D IMAX film and buy lots of original souvenirs. We have a similar museum in Moscow. It’s called Experimentanium.
This scientific museum is situated in Moscow. It was founded several years ago, but is already very popular among people of all ages. Adults come there with their children to show them how famous physical lows work, to take part in amazing experiments, watch useful scientific films and taste special food for cosmonauts. Museum offers many collections of all kind and is worth visiting if you like to learn more about the world around you.
Museum – музей, gallery – галерея, theater – театр, cinema – кино (кинематограф), stadium – стадион, park – парк, parliament – парламент, history – история, square – площадь, квадрат, taxi – такси, radio – радио, symbol – символ, abbey – аббатство, real – реальный, действительный, monument – монумент, памятник, tourist – турист.
1. Big Ben – Биг Бен – самые известные в мире часы.
2. The Houses of Parliament – Задние Парламента – это место, где заседает британский парламент.
3. Tower bridge – Тауэр бридж – самый известный мост в Лондоне.
4. Westminster Abbey – Вестминстерское Аббатство – самая известная английская церковь.
5. The Tower – Тауэр – древняя крепость.
A – 2
B – 4
C – 3
D – 1
1. Big Ben is a bell. – Биг Бен – это колокол.
2. Yes, that’s right. Spasskaya tower and Kuranti are the most famous symbols of Russia. We can hear them every half an hour in Red Square.
— Да, это правда. Спасская башня и Куранты – самые известные символы России. Мы можем их услышать каждые полчаса на Красной площади.
3. Yes, London Tower is very old. It’s famous its long and cruel history.
— Да, Лондонский Тауэр очень стар. Он известен своей длинной и жестокой историей.
4. Westminster Abby was founded by King Edward in 1065. – Вестминстерское Аббатство было основано королем Эдвардом в 1065.
5. English Parliament sits in the Houses of Parliament. Russian Parliament sits in the House of State Duma. – Английский парламент заседает в Доме Парламента. Российский парламент заседает в здании государственной Думы.
Tourism is very popular now, that’s why all the tourists are practically the same. When they arrive in a city or in a town they choose a hotel to stay in, call their relatives and friends to say that everything is OK. Every day they like sportsmen walk great distances. They try to see as much as possible. So in the evening they are very tired. Sometimes brave and strong tourists are healthy enough to go to theater in the evening and to taste and enjoy exotic traditional meals in the cafes. Some of them go on a boat, some prefer comfortable buses. But every tourist sends lots of text messages and postcards to share his happiness with others.
Children are having lunch in the café/
They are walking in the Tower and using a map.
They are buying some souvenirs for friends.
Welcome to the Tower of London!
There are lots of wonderful sights and interesting activities in this ancient fortress. You can visit the museums, see the Crown Jewels and take photos of the famous black ravens. Historical performances take place in the White Tower!
The guards of the Tower, known as beefeaters, take care of the museums and tell tourists about their past. You can take part in the excursion and enjoy their stories.
1. There are lots of interesting sights in the Tower, aren’t there? – Yes there are.
2. The Tower of London was founded twenty years ago, wasn’t it? – No, it wasn’t.
3. Beefeaters aren’t the guards of the Tower Bridge, are they? – No, they aren’t.
4. Special excursions take place in the Tower, don’t they? – Yes, the do.
5. You can see the Crown Jewels in the ancient fortress, can’t you? – Yes, I can.
6. The White tower isn’t situated in the Houses of Parliament, is it? – No, it’s not.
7. The Tower of London has a cruel history, hasn’t it? – Yes, it has.
1 – d
2 – e
3 – c
4 – a
5 – d
1 – different
2 – world – places – museums – historical
3 – visited – heard – Abbey
4 – tourists
— c – d – a – b –
1. On Monday Dima visited the Tower of London. He took lots of photos there.
2. On Tuesday Dima went to Buckingham Palace. He saw the Changing of the Guard.
3. On Wednesday he went to Greenwich.
4. On Thursday it was rainy and Dima visited the British Museum.
5. On Friday he is going to the London Eye.
1. Whу – Почему Дима был рад?
2. How many – Сколько комнат во дворце?
3. When – Когда Дима поехал в Гринвич?
4. What – В каком доме Дима побывал в среду?
5. What – Что Дима купил в четверг?
6. Which – Какой из лондонских мостов фотографировал Дима?
This is place in London which id on the river Thames. There is a special house, where the British Royal Observatory is situated. Through that place goes an imaginary line which divides the world into west and east.
— What would you like to visit this spring? (Куда вы хотите поехать этой весной?)
— I’d like to go to London. (Я бы поехал в Лондон)
— What would you like to see there? (Что бы вы там хотели увидеть?)
— I really don’t know. This is a big city with lots of places of interest. I’d like to see as much as possible. (Правда, я даже не знаю. Лондон большой город с огромным количеством достопримечательностей. Я бы хотел посмотреть как можно больше)
— Then you should visit Trafalgar Square and the Buckingham Palace, Big Ban and The Tower. (Тогда вам следует побывать на Трафальгарской площади и в Букингемском дворце, у Биг Бена и в Тауэре)
— Sure, I’ll go there first of all. (Конечно туда я направляюсь в первую очередь)
[ju:] – красивый, новый, будущее, обычно
[æ] – фантастический, семья, поездка, столица
[ei] – знаменитый, любимый, стадион, Великобритания, Уэльс
[ɑ:] – парк, искусство, не, далеко, открытка, партнер
[ʌ] – Лондон, лондонец, много, милый, страна
[ə] – Англия, англичанин, Лондон, Шотландия, Ирландия
[aɪə] – лев, диалог, костер, Ирландия, Северная Ирландия
1 – b
2 – c
3 – d
4 – a
The pupil of the 10th form Aleksey Chipurnov is one of the most famous people in our school.
(Ученик 10-го класса Алексей Чипурнов – один из самых известных людей в нашей школе)
(Сергиев Пасад – один из самых красивых городов в нашей стране)
Spain is one of the most fantastic countries in Europe.
(Испания – одна из самых изумительных стран Европы)
Oleg Menshikov is one of the best-known actors in our city.
(Олег Меньшиков – один из самых знаменитых актеров в нашем городе)
What place do you like in London most of all? Какое место вам больше всего нравится в Лондоне?
Is London the cultural capital of Great Britain? Лондон является культурной столицей Великобритании?
Are there any secret/hidden places in London? Есть в Лондоне секретные/потайные места?
What problems did London face when it prepared for the Olympic Games 2012? С какими проблемами столкнулся Лондон при подготовке к Олимпийским играм?
Two girls are sitting on the sofa and having a cup of tea. They are planning summer holidays. One of them is showing booklets and photos of different places of interest to go in Russia. Bothe of them are eating an ice-cream.
[æ] – столица, ручной работы, аббатство, галерея
[aʊ] – сейчас, город, дом, о, основанный
[tʃ] – ребенок, церковь, век, канал
[θ] – вещь, третий, собор, двенадцатый, восемнадцатый
Historical museum – исторический музей
Interesting place – интересное место
Famous monument – знаменитый памятник
Lovely church – очаровательная церковь
Hospitable house – гостеприимный дом
Beautiful cathedral – красивый собор
Traditional building – традиционное задание
Old church – старая церковь
This town is famous for its lovely churches, beautiful cathedral and traditional buildings.
This hospitable houses is open for every tourist.
Let’s visit the historical museum! It’s an interesting place.
Look at the old building, not far from it you can find a famous monument.
√ To be founded
To be founded in 1147 by Prince Yuri Dolgoruky – быть основным князем Юрием Долгоруким
√ To be full of
To be full of modern buildings – быть полным современных заданий
To be full of people – быть полным людей
To be full of places of interest – быть полным достопримечательностей
To be famous for old cathedrals – славиться старинными соборами
To be famous for a famous writer – славиться знаменитыми писателями
1. – C
2. – A
3. – B
4. – D
1. It’s Moscow.
2. It’s Vladimir
3. It’s St. Petersburg.
4. It’s Kazan.
I’d like to visit Kazan, because it’s the only city in the list which I haven’t visited yet. This city is also interesting for its architecture and culture. – Я бы хотел посетить Казань, потому что это единственный город из списка, в котором я не был. Этот город также интересен своей архитектурой и культурой.
1. No, she isn’t. She is feeding birds. — Нет, она кормит птиц.
2. No, he isn’t. He is reading a newspaper. – Нет, он читает газету.
3. No, they aren’t they are sitting on the ground. – Нет, они сидят на земле.
4. No she isn’t. She is eating an ice-cream. – Нет она ест мороженое.
5. No, they aren’t. They are eating. – Нет, они едят.
6. No, he isn’t. He is taking photos of monkeys. – Нет, он фотографирует обезьян.
The girl is having lunch. – Девочка обедает.
“What do you see there?” – «Что ты там видишь?»
The boy likes his pets. – Мальчик любит своих питомцев.
What does our son want for Christmas? – Что наш сын хочет на Рождество?
The girl needs some information. – Девочке нужна информация.
I hate cold weather. – Ненавижу холодную погоду.
The girl has a nice doll house. – У девочки красивый кукольный домик.
Welcome to the London Zoo! Meet the monkeys! They don’t live in cages. Look how funny they are! Look how they are jumping over the bushes. Look at those two little monkeys. They are playing hide and seek. Monkey love bananas and oranges. They need to eat lots of different fruit and vegetables to stay healthy. Look at that monkey in the tree! It’s eating a carrot. And it has some corn in the other hand. Here is the zookeeper coming with red apples in a bowl. The monkey wants an apple. Look! It’s climbing down the tree and running quickly to the zookeeper. The monkey chooses an apple from the bowl – the biggest and the tastiest on, of course!
Mr. Wooding is the Head Teacher of an English school. Last week he sent an invitation letter to a Russian school. In the letter there was a suggestion and a description of the visit. There was also some information about a social programme.
The Russian students were happy to get the letter. They hoped to take part in the celebration of the school festival. The parents of the Russian students got a translation of the letter.
1. Weren’t they? – Они были рады получить приглашение, не так ли?
2. Didn’t they? – Вчера твои друзья сходили в кино, не так ли?
3. Will it? – Группа учеников не останется в отеле, не так ли?
4. Wasn’t it? – Эта коллекция марок была лучшей, не так ли?
5. Did he? – Завуч не писал письма, не так ли?
6. Can’t we? – Мы можем назначить дату и время прямо сейчас, не так ли?
On Friday Jim woke up early. He didn’t want to go to school because of the Maths test. His mother came in: “Get up, honey! It’s time to have breakfast!”
Jim said: “I feel bad. I have a sore throat. I can’t go to school”.
Jim stayed in bed all the day. He was sad. He wore a scarf and had much tea with lemon and honey.
After school friends visited poor Jim. They didn’t have any test. They will have Maths test on Monday.
Кевин всегда опаздывает. – Parents are going to give him a watch. Родители собираются подарить ему часы.
Мелисса сладкоежка. – Parents are going to give her a box of sweets. Родители собираются подарить ей коробку конфет.
Сьюзен любит музыку. – Parens are going to give her a guitar. Родители собираются подарить ей гитару.
Томас играет в теннис. – Parents are going to give him a racket. Родители собираются подарить ему ракетку.
Мэри любит животных. – Parents are going to give her a kitten. Родители собираются подарить ей котенка.
Алиса любит путешествовать. – Parents are going to give her a camera. Родители собираются подарить ей фотоаппарат.
Катя любит рисовать. — Parents are going to give her a paints. Родители собираются подарить ей краски.
Андрей любит спорт. — Parents are going to give him a football. Родители собираются подарить ему футбол.
Jane is going to be very busy next week. On Monday Jane is going to visit her dentist. On Tuesday Jane and her sister are going to visit their sick granny.
When is she going to arrange her birthday party? – On Saturday. Her classmates are going to give her a little puppy. Jane loves pets. Where is she going to walk her puppy? – In the park. Jane’s parents are going to give her a trip to London, aren’t they? Are you going to come to her birthday party? – Yes, I am.
1. An interesting collection
2. A difficult translation
3. A group of Russian students
4. An ill classmate
5. A new magazine
6. An old newspaper
7. They arranged a picnic on Sunday.
8. It’s cold! Don’t take off the hat, please.
Asking, arranging, studying, going, playing, decorating, waking, staying, saying, getting, making, working, telling, cooking, listening, taking, watching, dancing, doing, putting, kissing, travelling, sleeping, cleaning, eating, washing, sitting, acting, inviting, enjoying, shaking.
1. Нет, он слушает музыку.
2. Yes, he is.
Да, она работает.
3. No, she is playing computer games.
Нет, она играет в компьютерные игры.
4. No, he is running outside.
Нет, он бегает на улице.
5. No, she is reading.
Нет, он смотрит телевизор.
1. What is he writing? – He is writing a letter.
2. Where is she skating? – She is skating in the park.
3. What are they doing? – They are doing homework.
4. What are the children doing? – They are decorating the Christmas tree.
5. Who is Ann feeding? – She is feeding the birds.
6. Where are the friends taking photos? – They are taking photos in the zoo.
1. What is woman writing? – Что пишет женщина?
2. Where are the children drawing? – Что рисуют дети?
3. Who is telling the students a funny story? – Кто рассказывает ученикам смешную историю?
4. Where are the girls walking? – Где гуляют девочки?
5. What is Alice doing? – Что делает Алиса?
6. What are the men doing? – Что делают мужчины?
1. Is she playing? – Послушай! Что она играет? – Это моя любимая песня.
2. Plays – Моя младшая сестра выбрала музыкальный кружок. Она играет на гитаре.
3. Are you doing? – I’m writing… — Джон! Что ты делаешь? – Я пишу письмо английскому другу по переписке.
4. Write, read and count… — Дети пишут, читают и считают в школе.
5. Are you crying? – Почему ты плачешь? – Я не могу сделать домашнюю работу по математике. Очень сложная. Поможешь мне?
6. Is feeding… — Смотри! Маленький мальчик кормит кроликов.
7. Feed – Мы кормим попугая утром и вечером.
Santa-Claus is reading children’s letters.
Santa is flying in the sky.
Ded Moroz is making a phone call.
Santa is playing with a puzzle.
Ded Moroz is using a computer.
Ded Motoz is writing a postcard.
To decorate a New Year tree – украшать ёлку
To buy presents – покупать подарки
To congratulate friends – поздравлять друзей
To send postcards – отправлять открытки
To enjoy holidays – радоваться празднику
I’m going to be the best student in the class. – Я буду лучшим учеником в классе.
I’m going to give up eating sweets. – Я перестану есть сладкое.
I’m going to start a new life – Я начну новую жизнь.
Thank you for your letter. I also want to tell you how we celebrated New Year’s Eve. On the 31st of December my Dad and I decorated the New Year tree. My Mum cooked a special meal and a New Year cake. At midnight we congratulated each other and found our presents under the tree. I got a new mobile phone.
Then we set up the fireworks, threw snowballs outdoors, sang funny songs and laughed.
I was happy!
I enjoy my present and New Year’s Eve!
Write my back soon.
Best wishes, Aliya
1. Happy New Year! – После полуночи 31 декабря. – С Новым годом!
2. Hi, how are you? – Вы встретили друга на улице. – Привет, как дела?
3. Happy birthday! – На дне рождении. – С днем рождения!
4. I’m fine thanks! – Кто-то спрашивает вас: «Как дала?» — Хорошо, спасибо.
5. Thank you, it was kind of you. – Кто-то вам помог. – Спасибо, было хорошо с твоей стороны.
Часть 1. Аудирование. Чтение
С – о необычной земле
1. В – самая ветреная часть света
2. В – в течение короткого времени
3. В – за яйцами присматривает папа.
1 – Т
2 – F
3 – T
4 – F
[k] – Рождество, украшать, украшение, столица, песнопения, состоять из
[s] – город, центр, центральный, декабрь, праздновать
[θ] – 25 декабря, 24 декабря
[ə] – украшать, собирать, состоять из, картошка
[ɔ:] – для, перед, Норвегия, мысль, низкий
[ʌ] – Лондон, лондонцы, цвет, цветной, деньги
1. A big Christmas tree – большое рождественское дерево (ёлка)
2. A nice skating rink – красивый каток
3. Christmas pudding – Рождественский пудинг
1. Beautiful decoration – красивые украшения
2. Traditional Christmas songs and carols – традиционные рождественские песни и песнопения
3. The 24th of December – 24 декабря
1. F – Рождество – важный осенний праздник в Великобритании. – It’s an important winter holiday. – Это важный зимний праздник
4. F – Хоровые группы катаются на коньках, собирая деньги. – They sing song and carols to collect money for charity. – Они поют песни и песнопения, чтобы собирать деньги на благотворительность.
6. F – Рождественский ужин состоит только из фруктов и овощей. – it consist of roast turkey and Christmas pudding. – Он состоит из запеченной индейки и Рождественского пудинга.
1. Central London’s streets have got beautiful decorations at Christmas.
2. There is also a nice skating rink in the center of the capital.
3. Before Christmas groups of singers perform traditional Christmas songs and corals in the streets and squares.
4. People usually decorate their trees on Christmas Eve – on the 24th of December.
5. British Christmas dinner consists of a roast turkey with carrots and potatoes and Christmas pudding.
1. A man with a dog is taking photos of the Christmas thee. – Мужчина с собачкой фотографирует рождественскую ёлку.
2. Children are listening to music, skating and speaking on the phone. – Дети слушают музыку, катаются на коньках и говорят по телефону.
3. A group of singers is singing Christmas songs and corals. They are collecting money for charity. – Хор поёт рождественские песни и песнопения. Они собирают деньги на благотворительность.
4. Children are decorating the Christmas tree with coloured balls. – Дети украшают ёлку цветными шариками.
5. A family is having Christmas dinner and enjoying Christmas. – Семья за рождественским ужином наслаждается Рождеством.
You phone you English friend on 25th of December. – Marry Christmas!
You friend asks: “How are you?” – I’m fine thanks.
You pushed somebody by accident. – I’m sorry.
You are at your friend’s birthday party. – Happy birthday to you!
Your friend is going to take an exam. – Good luck!
Your friend is going to visit London. – Have a nice trip!
Your friend is ill. – Get well soon!
You meet your friend on the 31st of December. – Happy New Year!
Student 1: Hi, Martin! Let’s go skating!
Student 2: Hi, Dan! I’m afraid that I can’t. I fell ill.
Student 1: Oh, such a pity! Get well soon!
Student 2: Thank you.
Student 1: Is it you, Mary?! What a nice surprise on 31st of December! How are you?
Student 2: Hi, Chris! Nice to meet you too! I’m fine, thanks. How are you?
Student 1: I’m also fine! Happy new year!
Student 2: Happy new year!
1. Mr. Wooding and his son are decorating the Christmas tree.
2. Mr. Wooding is cooking a turkey.
3. The little girl is drawing a picture of Santa.
4. The grandfather is taking photos.
5. The grandmother is speaking on the phone.
6. The dog is watching TV.
7. The cat is sleeping.
1. Many relatives together with her elder sister, sister’s husband and their children are going to stay with Julia at Christmas.
2. She is going to clean the room and to go shopping for Christmas presents.
3. She is going to by a cute teddy bear for her niece.
4. It’s cold, windy and never seems to stop raining at this time in London.
In our city all New Year preparations start early. In the middle of November you can already find beautiful New Year trees in every shopping mall and in the restaurants. Later central streets of the capitol are decorated with cute lamps and placards that make our city like a big New Year tree.
People start preparing for the holiday mostly in December. They spend hours in different shops to find the best present for their close people. On the New Year Eve Russian people are busy cooking and watching old soviet classical films.
I like this holiday because is a magic time when all the families gather round their tables and enjoy sweet minutes of happiness together.
1. British people celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.
2. British children get up early on Christmas to look at the foot of the bed and find there presents.
3. In Britain Santa Claus is also called Father Christmas.
4. Santa lives in the North Pole. Ded Moroz lives in Velikiy Ustyug.
5.Santa puts his presents at the foot of every bed in the stockings and Ded Moroz puts them under the New Year tree.
6. In some houses Santa finds a glass of milk and biscuits in the kitchen.
7. Yes, they work very hard in December. They visit every house and bring presents to every child.
√ To leave
To leave the party – уходить с вечеринки
To leave the city – уезжать из города
To leave the country for London – уезжать из страны в Лондон
To leave for Moscow – уезжать в Москву
Another cup of tea – еще одна чашка чая
Another film – другой фильм
I’ve left the country for London on New Year Eve to meet with all the relatives and best friends.
Could you make another cup of tea for us, please? – Shall I put some lemon in it? – Yes, please.
Santa-Claus is reading children’s letters.
Santa is flying in the sky.
Santa is playing with a puzzle.
Ded Moroz is using a computer.
Ded Moroz is making a phone call and writing a postcard.
1. У него нет внуков
2. He lives in the North Pole
3. He puts the presents in the stockings
Он кладет подарки в чулки
4. He gets a glass of milk and biscuits
Он получает стакан молока и печенье
1. У него есть внучка Снегурочка
2. He lives in Velikiy Ustyug
Он живет в Великом Устюге
3. He puts the presents under the New Year tree
Он кладет подарки под ёлку
4. His coat is blue
Его шуба синего цвета
They both work hard in December and on the 1st of January. – Они оба упорно трудятся в декабре и 1 января.